Blake Park and the virtual team making up Nimble Strategies Nimble Strategies is composed primarily of me (Blake Park). As a “virtual agency” based in San Francisco, I tap a network of specialist agencies and individual experts in fields such as graphic design, video, paid and organic search, website development, heavy-duty data analysis and modeling, social media outreach, media relations, etc. to provide whatever marketing resources a client needs to fulfill a particular project. The network’s individual contributor experts work for, or have worked for, leading agencies such as JWT, Crispin Porter Bogusky, Wunderman and Organic, among others. And they provide global reach, residing in cities ranging from San Francisco to Seattle, NYC, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Calgary, London, Paris, Mexico City, Beijing and Tokyo. Because any project with Nimble Strategies will involve me, you might want to know a bit about me before we meet. Here’s an admittedly biased bio: In short, I’m a thinker and a doer. I lean forward. A lot. I’m a seasoned entrepreneurial marketer who combines street smarts with book smarts, is an ambidextrous—right- and left-brain—thinker with extensive experience integrating digital vehicles, such as social and mobile, on a global scale to generate business results and build brands. Relevant experience includes:
- Leading global strategy and planning at Wunderman on the Microsoft account for five-and-a-half years, developing numerous campaigns and programs that integrated digital marketing vehicles, such as social media, micro sites, mobile marketing and email, with advertising and PR to advance a variety of Microsoft’s B2B and consumer-focused offerings.
- Serving as VP of online marketing at Getty Images, overseeing the $1-billion company’s paid media planning and buying on a global basis, including print advertising, online contextual and behavioral targeting as well as retargeting and affiliate marketing.
- Developing AT&T Wireless’s first customer lifecycle program for consumer data services, such as text messaging.
- Setting up marketing for two internet start-ups, gaining national media exposure in publications such as the Wall Street Journal.
- Overseeing marketing at USC’s business school, developing a strategic repositioning of the school, launching a magazine and developing marketing programs that increased European MBA applications more than 10-fold.
I started my career in management consulting at the Partridge Group and then worked in PR for Porter Novelli Public Relations. Industry experience includes B2B and consumer technology, wireless telecom, entertainment/videogaming, brick-and-mortar retail and e-commerce, higher ed, and travel. Formal education includes an undergraduate degree from Yale and an MBA in entrepreneurship and marketing from the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. From all of those experiences, I’ve learned to be increasingly adept at empathy—of being able to get into the hearts and minds of target audiences to develop compelling messages. That is at the heart of what has made me a smart marketer. Plus, contrary to what the boastful description above would suggest, I approach work, colleagues and clients with humility and a collaborative spirit. Think West Coast optimism with East Coast work ethic and Midwestern straightforwardness, plus an acuity for global cultural nuance honed since arriving at Yale as a college freshman from a Wyoming ranch. I look forward to meeting you. You are also welcome to download my infographic or traditional versions of my resume. Here’s how you can reach me: Email: email@example.com Phone: 1.206.720.1891 Twitter: @blakepark The following wordcloud was developed using a weighting of skills endorsed on LinkedIn: